Sunday, May 5, 2013

5 Days and a Wakeup...

...a very early wakeup, I might add. It's been almost a year since my last ultra. Where has the time gone?

50 miles?! Geesh, what was I thinking? Sometimes I can't help but wonder why in the world I sign up for these things. Well, I did, so I guess I might as well run it.

This time last year, I was severely anemic without knowing it. I had just had my first and only root canal. I had been taking a ridiculous amount of antibiotics. I still somehow managed to make it 31 miles. So... I should make it 50 this year, right?

Hokas? Check. Dirty Girl Gaiters? Check. Gels? Check. Water belt? Check. Training runs? Yeah, mostly. Running buddy? Heck yeah!

Am I ready? It's hard to say. I've struggled with a few injuries here and there. I would have liked to have put in more training miles, but I opted to listen to my body when it cried uncle. Well, I mostly listened anyway. Motivation has been lacking a little, but I think that has more to do with a nagging hip that never seems to get completely well. I've been feeding it a daily dose of the foam roller and two Myrtl's twice a day. That seems to be making a difference.

Speaking of... I hear that foam roller calling.

If you are sitting around wondering what to do with a minute or two over the next week, send a prayer my way. I will take all of them that I can get.

Happy Running!

Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40: 28-29


1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great, Cassie! You seek to rely on Him and glorify Him. That is all anyone can do. In the end, it is all we were made for.

    Praying you through that finish line!!

    ReplyDelete